- Hey GH thoughts!
- February 26th, 2012
I'm speed watching GH to catch up to two huge moments: The Death of Robin (wheee!!) and the arrival of the Mannings (wheee!!).
As I fastforward my way through more than a month's worth of shows I'm struck by several thoughts.
1. If I started a drinking game based on how many times people say "Sonny really loves his kids" I'd have liver failure within a week/ BTW what does that even mean? Of course he loves his kids. He's *supposed* to love his kids. That's what you do. Does he deserve a medal for that because he had a bad childhood? Because he's a mobster? Who gives a crap. Also, enough with the "Dante doesn't know who I really am, he just hears the bad stuff." He also saw the bad stuff when he was an undercover cop working for him or you know, when Sonny shot him point blank. Am I the only one who remembers that??
2. I'd love it if the new writing regime would start writing Sonny as a thug in an off the rack suit. Yeah he'll look good but when you get close up you realize how cheap and ill-fitting he is. He shouldn't be throwing huge benefits and having parties where rich people are happy to deal with him. They should treat him like crap on their shoes, he should know it and resent it. But he shouldn't have such a huge circle of people willing to deal with him in any way.
3. Jax gave half the hotel to Kate? That makes zero sense. Just give the whole thing to Carly or for fun, give it to Alex. Kate as a character bores me. She or nuMaxie need to dye their hair because they really look way too similar.
4. It's funny but I've noticed this weird Carly-fication of a lot of the women on the show (yet they are still seen as good people). Everybody is drinking and hanging out at Jake's or playing pool. Hell, even Alexis is playing strip pool. It's kind of funny. If Sam goes for frozen pizza I am outta here.
5. Speaking of Sam it's funny to see her in the role of heroine when she came on bad girl/vixen. I remember the blame she got for causing Jax's father's death. I remember her sleeping with both Jax and Sonny during the hotel fire. I remember her role in Sonny stealing Carly's kids away. She was a bad bad girl.
Now back to the countdown to Dead Robin!